Thursday, March 28, 2019

Performance Art Piece Stuff

Modern Sleep

My performance art piece is about how college students don't get enough sleep and the factors that lead to sleep deprivation that distract us at night and how it affects us during the day. I chose this because I personally suffer from really bad insomnia and find it really hard to fall asleep at night. I've noticed that I get really distracted before bed with electronics, social media, food, and other things that keep me awake so I decided that for this piece I will be recording that and showing the audience why I stay awake and the effects of it. I will be showing a type of flipagram/ slideshow of every time I go to bed for a week or two which ranged between 1-4am to show my progression of drowsiness and then when I wake in the morning to show how I am throughout the day. I think the audience will profit because a lot of people can relate to having trouble going to bed with all the distractions that occur around us before bed especially with classes and work. I am going to try my best to add humour in the video to keep the audience entertained but also showing the negative side effects in a serious way. The props in using are things that keep me awake at night like my phone, computer, Playstation, school work, food, and other things and these are important because they are all big distractions that ruin my sleep habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment