Thursday, February 21, 2019

Broadway Blog

I have seen multiple Broadway shows including Hamilton, Wicked, The Adams Family, and Young Frankenstein. My all-time favorite is Hamilton and I know almost every word to every song but I have to say the best performance of any one song in a Broadway show, in my opinion, is "Defying Gravity" in Wicked. It is performed right before intermission and I listen to it online all of the time. the performers are the great Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth. I love Idina Menzel's vocal range and especially her performance in Frozen has made her one of my favorite female vocal artists. The song itself has a mixture loud and quite parts which keep the audience on the edge of their seat and listening to it is very powerful. Wicked is a great musical following the lives of the good witch and the bad witch from the Wizard of Oz. I think everyone should see it or listen to the soundtrack because it is very good.

1 comment:

  1. If you like broadway you should definitely see The Lion King. Its one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete